Monday, June 1, 2015

June 1, 2015

So we had the most awesome pday night! We met a man named Luis, who is so prepared, we went back on Wednesday and taught him the restoration! He is so interested and so prepared, we are hoping he had been reading and praying:)
Then we met with like 4 members who live in the same apartment, with our investigator Rosio. She's amazing! We had An awesome family home evening, she just loves the book of Mormon and church and the members, we're so excited!(: her brother is a member, and she wants him to baptize her, it's probably going to be next month, (Julyy, WHAT?! Cannot be,ie e that's next month..) but wow we just love her so much and I'm so grateful to know her and to be able to work with her :)
ThEn we met this Less active lady, who is so sweet! And we had an awesome lesson with her about Joseph smith, then she drove us home after! SUCH AN AMAZING NIGHT!!:)
Tuesday we did a lot of knocking, with a surprise THUNDERSTORM!!!!!! It was so awesome! It went on for days, (like 30 minutes,) but there was wind thunder and lighting! So fun! We also met some really solid people, we'll go visit them again this coming week :) also it's been raining each day this week, but we love it! We come home every night and our shoes are soaking wet haha but the work goes on :):)
Wednesday we had district meeting, always fun. I love being with other missionaries, we always have a good time and learn a lot.
Thursday we had another awesome lesson with Rosio and Michael, our Ward mission leader about the atonement of Jesus Christ. It was so good, the spirit was so strong, I'm so honored to be a representative of my savior, an to preach his gospel. 
Then after that, we met up with Jhonny who bought us ice cream :) he has been out of town a lot, like every weekend, so he hasn't been able to come to church. But we love meeting with him! He's so awesome, we're best friends :) 
Friday we did weekly planning...I'm getting a lot better! Haha I used to have mini panic attacks each week, I don't know the problem,  but it's getting better and I don't dread it as much! Haha!
Then we went out tracking and saw a miracle. Everyone we knocked into was white, but said the Hispanics are here, just come later. So we thought okay we're not supposed to be here right now..so as we were leaving the complex, we see this Hispanic lady! We totally go up and talk to her and she's very interested and says we can come back!  After that, as we were walking away, I show hermana James this scripture, 
Alma 26:27 "Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.
It was really amazing to see the Book of Mormon relate so directly to our life! I know if we put our trust in the lord, and pray for help to open our eyes, we will see his hand in our lives and his miracles :) 
We then had an awesome lesson with Amanda, and Byron-a member. She's so interested and has come to church so much, we're having a family home being with her and Michaels family tonight! She loves the Book of Mormon and church, and already knows it's true. She knows so much. She's a miracle :) 
Saturday we went out to dinner with a member, and had a miracle night. Our day was a bunch of door slams and no success, but that night we found a less active hermano, and his wife is not a member. It was kinda late, but we scheduled s family home evening for next week :) it's amazing how when we truly want to help others, the lord really will bring scriptures to our memory,many will fill our mouths with the words we need to say, and that others need to hear. 
Yesterday church was good! Rosio and Amanda came, they both loved it (: 
also this comes to my subject line, this homie of mine here was leaving church and I was like hey are you gonna come to class!? And he walks away really slowly and awkwardly and says "I need to go find my wife..."it was hilarious cause he's not married. I lol'd. 

I love this Ward, they are so caring and loving and willing to help. There's about two weeks left of the transfer, I really am sad cause I really don't wanna leave...but I know gods in from of this work and I'll do what ever he needs me to do :) I feel so blessed to be able to serve here with these amazing people, it feels like home :) 
Con amor,
Hermana Eastwood 

No comments:

Post a Comment