Monday, June 8, 2015

I love my savior!

HOLA!!!!:)
Monday night we had an awesome Noche De Hogar with our Ward mission Leader and our investigator Amanda, and her friend Byron who is a member. It was so awesome! We talked about the apostles and elder L. Tom perry and wowwyyyy I learned a lot! But we had a really good time, and Amanda loved it! :)
Tuesday, we gave an investigator a blessing cause she's really sick, and we had an awesome lesson with the member that came with us. The priesthood is so cool, and God is so good!
Wednesday we had district meeting, I gave a training on becoming more like Christ, and focusing on Charity and hope, it was really fun except wow I'm such a spaz when I give trainings it's embarrassing. But it was really good, I love my district and my friends.:)
Thursday we met with Rosio and went over the plan of salvation. This was a lesson that just made me really grateful for my mission. She was talking about how much she's changed from coming to know Christ, and I thought, this is the reason I'm here. Because there is a light in this gospel, this gospel is hope and it really does change us.
Saturday we had an awesome lesson with Amanda again, we talked about the plan of salvation as well. She said 'hey yall I wanna know how I can have an eternal family,' and we were like well you're in the right place here's all the answers. It was a really awesome lesson, it made me realize how much God truly loves us. I know he does have a plan for every single one of us, and although we can only see a few steps ahead of us, he sees the big picture. And he puts people and situations and trials in our life all for our good, so we can grow and learn and one day help others. (Also side note we ate Colombian food and I had empanadas and they were delicious :) )
We were able to set two baptismal dates this week! For Amanda and Rosio, who were having a Noche de Hogar with me both tonight as well :) on the 11 and the 31 of July. We are so excited. It's been amazing to work with them, they both are so sincere, and teaching them has helped me to know this really is Gods work, and he really does prepare people to accept his gospel. I am grateful to be his instrument, to bring this gospel to them who are truthfully seeking it. I know we are blessed when we obey and work diligently, and keep our faith in Christ.

This week as we did service, and hermana James asked me what my favorite part of my mission is...I didn't stop talking  about it the rest of the night. There's too much to love!

These members are amazing, their example and faith and willingness to serve and help and share is amazing. I will forever be grateful to be able to serve around them, and come to know them and be changed by their humility and selflessness. 
My companions have all been amazing. It's so fun to love with your best friend and to just see how the gospel has brought us all so close, that through Christ we're able to help one another. Im grateful for the friendships I've made here :)
I've been able to see the reality and blessings of the gospel. We are really so blessed to be members of the restored church of Jesus Christ. I've seen the change this gospel has on gods children, and in myself. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost,and the hope we have through this gospel. I am so happy to be here, to share what I love and that I know this gospel is the biggest blessing we can have, and I know it can and does bring so much happiness to every one we meet. 
My own testimony has grown so much and just wow. I think this is one of the biggest blessings I've experienced on my mission. I was talking to my hermana this morning, and she said how I had a strong enough testimony to get me on a mission, to have the desire to share the gospel. I'm grateful for her. I sit here now, seeing I've learned and grown and I think, wow I feel like I didn't know anything before my mission, and I love every day because I learn so much every single day. I love reading the Book of Mormon, and I've been working so hard to know the truth of it. I truly know that our Heavenly Father listens to us, and knows us by name and heart. I know he loves us so much, and when we sincerely pray and try our best, He helps us-through other people.

I am so grateful for my mission, for how much I've grown and changed, and that the gospel is such a big part of my life now. I'm glad to finally realize what's most important in this life, and I am so grateful for my time I have to serve these loving people in Tennessee. I'm so honored to be a representative of my Savior Jesus Christ, and I am so grateful to be engaged in this work, to share His gospel and the good news :) I've learned its so important to really live your life like Christ, to live for others and do all you can in your power, (and His) to help them come unto Christ. I love my savior :) 



I started my mission with elder Nielson CCM buddies! 




No comments:

Post a Comment