Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Temple trip in Tennessee


WE WENT TO THE TEMPLE ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a double blessing cause we drove through MURFREESBORO!!!!:) ah. My heart just aches for the Boro I love it so much.
The temple was amazing. I love the spirit one feels there, I didn't want to leave. It's so peaceful, I felt so loved. I am so grateful for this gospel.

Friday night we had the FUNNIEST LESSON EVER.
there's this man named Bernardo the hermanas met a few weeks ago I think, he's really cool. We've pursued and feel like he is our transfer miracle!! We went over on Friday to visit him, and his brother Juan came out too....oh my gosh. It was crazy, it was such a good lesson, Bernardo has so much interest!! But it was the funniest lesson and the most crazy as well. Juan was all drunk and being all distracting and weird...Hispanic men sometimes I swear haha but we were able to teach Bernardo a solid lesson about the restoration of the gospel and the Book of Mormon!  It was a hard lesson cause wow lots of distractions (and patience is definitely a virtue), but it was AWESOME because it showed how much Bernardo has :):) 

Saturday-
We helped the branch president (Caten)and his familia clean the church! Then we went to Smithville with his mom to visit a less active named Xochitl -new favorite name. (Zo-cheee).
Then I lived my county dream and we worked on a farm!!!! Sister Caten has like 30 cows!!!!

I realized something huge while In a lesson with Onesimo Saturdays night, a man who's been investigating for a while, and reads and comes to church and everything (is unsure about life cause he's already been baptized). I was sharing an experience I'd had on my mission, about how i had obtained my testimony on a certain principle.  
A testimony is something so precious and personal. Your testimony is never shared without all your heart. i give a piece of myself to these people as i testify to them, I feel the spirit working through me to touch their hearts. Never miss a chance to bear your testimony of your savior Jesus Christ :) 
I have never felt more certain that I by myself am nothing, but I am an instrument in the hands of my God, being led and guided through him to help his children find their way back.:) 
I wouldn't want to be doing anything else at this time.

On Sunday during branch council I was told I would be giving a talk. Awesome.. on missionary work and why I am here and how I got here. AWESOME. It was good to reflect on my mission and on my decision to serve, and the difference I've seen in myself and all I've learned. 

I am so grateful for my mission :) for my family and the support I have from them and their examples, I am so grateful for how much I have come to know my savior Jesus Christ, and to wear his name over my heart everyday, and to testify of him in his name. THis has been the best experience I've ever had, I love sharing the message of the restoration,  and helping others come closer to Christ and find purpose in this life. 

Hope you all have an amazing week!!!!:)


Love,
Hermana Eastwood

image1.JPGimage3.JPGimage2.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment