Tuesday, August 25, 2015

A Stormy Week in McMinnville

All I remember of this week is that I was wet the entire time. Rain and bikes is a really fun, dangerous adventure :) 

On Wednesday I gave a training at District Meeting on prayer. It was really nice be able to reflect on my relationship with my Heavenly Father and to think about how big of a blessing it is that we pray. 
I've definitely strengthened my testimony of prayer so much on my mission. I know our father in heaven truly cares about every single one of us, and that he listens. And more than that, I know he answers us. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost, the comforter we have been blessed with to get us through the best and hardest times. 
This week specifically I have strengthened/gained my testimony of having s prayer in your heart all the time. For example, When you're biking in a storm, sometimes it gets hard.. But as you pour your heart out to God, thanking him for the many blessings and realize you're communicating with a he sent being, you're filled with the spirit and strength you need :) #GratitudePrayers.

One day the Elders had mercy on us and gave us the car for a few hours. Blessings, Let me tell ya. It's like we're a little McMinnville missionary family-there are 4 elders here and we all live SO CLOSE. It's so fun!

LA CAZONA. so on Friday we had planned on eating dinner with this less active Hermana, and she invited a member too. So we all go over there, anddddd she doesn't feed us so we teach her and ya know be missionaries and do missionary work and what not.. Then we leave and the member is like, do you wanna go eat with me? So we go to La CAZONA where almost every Hispanic in this town works, and we eat dinner :) some delicious chicken with cheesy sauce, and fried ice cream! And the best part was our investigator was our Waiter! It was so awesome!:) 

I just love serving in the south. These southern women, man I'm telling you...so many good memories!:) 
I'm so happy to be serving my mission.

“… It is not enough to serve God with all of our might and strength. He who looks into our hearts and knows our minds demands more than this. In order to stand blameless before God at the last day, we must also serve him with all our heart and mind.
...Service with all of our heart and mind is a high challenge for all of us. Such service must be free of selfish ambition. It must be motivated only by the pure love of Christ”-Dallin H. Oaks.
 
Love yall, have a great week!:) 
image1.JPGimage2.JPG

Hermana Eastwood 

No comments:

Post a Comment