Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Time is going by so fast!

Time is literally going by so fast. 

We've done something cool this week, we began last Sunday and did a full week of Gratitude-Only prayers! It was so cool! A real faith tester and builder, to not ask for anything. But knowing that my Heavenly Father knows the desires of my heart, and he already knows what I need, and he knows better how to help me. So to go for a week without asking anything, I know we truly did his will, completely. It was amazing. Plus with us being so sick this week, he blessed us immensely with the energy and strength we've needed to do his work!
We have been finding some really cool people! 
We have a girl named Monserrat, and her mom-Yolanda, and her mom -rosa, and her mom-....something Hispanicky..#4GENERATIONS. They know two members, Monserrat works with them, and we've started teaching them!:) they walked into church yesterday!!!!! They loved it! And the second lesson we had with them, Yolanda asked about baptism! Oh my gosh earlier that day we were talking and praying about setting a date. We're thinking October 3rd :) never lose the faith that people are prepared by his hand :)

Something I've learned/realized this week is that we need to treat everyone we meet not only as Jesus would, but as we would treat Jesus Christ himself. I've been thinking a lot about that, and His Atonement. I know he suffered and died for me personally, because he loves me. I know his atonement paid for every single one of us, out of his never ending love for us.

Also, I know yall are not tired yet of our never ending adventures with bikes and rain.. Literally biked through a river this week. Life is so good. 

Ps tender mercies: an Hermana from the branch gave us a HUGE jar of peanut butter, (crunchy ;) ) AND NUTELLA. S/o to you sweet girl Hermana Kilgore!;) #GodBlessAmerica

We took our friend Joselyn (baptized last year) out with us on Friday night, and we were running around for 2 hours finding people to teach, she was so sweet though! Says going out with the missionaries makes her excited to serve! She's 16! So sweet:) we ended the night with ice cream, the only reasonable explanation to a very sick week haha. We smart. 

I've realized we only learn as we struggle, we only grow when we fall. This week I had an interesting experience. We were contacting a referral, AWESOME FAMILY from Puerto Rico, we're so excited about them. And we taught them about the restoration, and I was just OFF. I was not feeling like a good missionary or teacher, and I could not understand how I had been doing this for so long...satan was getting to me so strongly. I felt bad, and looked down at my restoration pamphlet and saw the picture of Jesus holding the sheep, and I just felt so much love, and his tender arms around me. After the lesson I expressed how I was feeling, and after I calmed down a little bit, we got to teach a recently baptized family and teach them. It's amazing how bad I was feeling, and once I gave it to the Lord, he helped me so much. He truly carried me that day. 
I love this work, I love growing and learning and struggling and teaching and doing my best. I know when I struggle, I am in his hands, and I know I can't let him down cause I'm doing my best. And I know my weaknesses will not slow down his work, because he is a God of miracles! I am honored to represent his son Jesus Christ, and I know it is him who is working these miracles, not me. I am simply his instrument :)
Hope yall have a happy week (: 
Love,
Hermana Eastwood 

No comments:

Post a Comment