Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Alooooooooha

Soooo this week. Pues.
It's starting to cool off this weekend :) yay! 
On Tuesday we met with this woman, Patricia, (my favorite kind of person: complete southerner) who a couple weeks ago we had given her a Book of Mormon. She said, I want to return the book, I don't want it. 
And she said that, my heart dropped. I was so sad! 
We sat and talked for a minute, and I wouldn't take the book back.l.hermana Sorensen did, and we continued talking. All I could do was try to give her the Book of Mormon back,I'm just testified boldly and sincerely, and said, Patricia I truly know this book can change your life, because it has changed mine. 
And I mean that. I've always wondered about that, how everyone says the Book of Mormon can changes one's life...it's so real. To think of the person I was two years ago, I am completely changed. Because of the Book of Mormon. I truly do know and understand my savior better, and I am so grateful for the comfort I feel when I read those words :) 
Ps She accepted the book back :) yes!

Wednesday, a less active lady called us, that we had been searching for all last transfer! We were able to meet her on Thursday and wowwwww her story. She is ready to come back! She has 5 kids, all ready to come to church and be taught the lessons, we are so excited, so much hope for her and her family! Please pray for the Lopez family.

Monserrat and her family weren't able to go to church yesterday ): 💔 we invited them to be baptized last Friday! And they have been reading the Book of Mormon :) they are nervous, but said they'll read more and and pray some more about it. We feel so good about them,  they're our transfer miracle! We know it can happen,theyre so prepared :) please keep Monserrat and her family in your prayers as well:) 

Saturday. Oh Saturday....such a hard day.. no tengo palabras.
Here's all I have to say, or better, here's what our dear friend Elder Holland has to say,
"When you struggle, when you are rejected, when you are spit upon and cast out and made a hiss and a byword, you are standing with the best life this world has ever known, the only pure and perfect life ever lived. You have reason to stand tall and be grateful that the Living Son of the Living God knows all about your sorrows and afflictions. The only way to salvation is through Gethsemane and on to Calvary. The only way to eternity is through Him--the Way, the Truth, and the Life."

I am so grateful for my savior Jesus Christ. I know as he was in the garden, he experienced every single moment of my life. I know as he walked to Calvary, he walked in my shoes. He died for me on the cross, so I can be brought back and live with him and our father in heaven once again, with my sweet family. I know as we struggle, and take up his cross, if we turn to him, think about him just a little more, we will be strengthened, and braver, and happier. 
I am so happy to be a missionary, to struggle, and to work hard, to come to know my savior and to be able to represent him, and share the joyful news of the gospel. I love him. I want everyone to come to know their savior as I know him, and i am going to work hard for that :) 
Here's to a new week! Full of miracles waiting to happen, lives waiting to be changed, prepared people waiting to be found, and the warren county fair waiting to happen :D
Con amor, 
Hermana Eastwood 💙❤💙

Here's some funny facts:
-"Is yours the religion who is so annoying and knocks on everyone's doors?!"a friend of one of our members...
-catfish is good. Frog legs, however, are not...
 -I've never been honked at so much in my life than here in TN.
-that awkward moment when you find yourself falling asleep more often on your knees than in your bed. #ItsAllGood

No comments:

Post a Comment