Monday, December 8, 2014

"This Gospel Is Beautiful"

this week has been really good.(with a lot of blonde moments..its fine. good stories right?) 
we were able to teach and meet a lot of people, and share the He is the gift video. its amazing, how much that video can soften hearts. FELIZ NAVIDAD!

I LOVE FAST SUNDAYS! i've been praying for help to be more bold and confident, and ive noticed the Lord helping me. i was able to bear my testimony yesterday.
on monday night, we knocked into some..interesting people. they were Jews, and trying to literally murder us with their words and Bible. welcome to the bible belt;)  the spirit was telling me the whole lesson that we needed to leave, so after almost an hour of bashing on Joseph Smith and every single thing we believe in, and Obama, what? i stood up, testified, and left. Hermana Orellana said she didnt even know who i was! she said it was a moment like when Joseph Smith was in the jail and stood up and said 'either you or i die this instant'. its fine. haha it was just a craazy moment.

somehow i have a year left of my mission! i dont know how that just happened. but its been such a good experience so far, and i am excited to have a year left to Serve my Lord. 
i burned tights with my hna, for her 9 month mark and my 6 months. but the video doesnt work soo sorrryyyy. 
but, ive realized how grateful i am to be here. to be able to give all my time and energy focusing on spreading the good word of the Lord:) i am so happy to be able to study each morning, and grow closer to him, and try harder every day to be better and better. He is amazing, and i am so grateful for all Hes done for me, and everybody. i know he helps us so much, and he knows us all perfectly.
THIS GOSPEL IS BEAUTIFUL. i am so grateful for the example of my friends serving, or who have already served. i am so grateful to you, dad, for your service, and your encouragement to me. you always know what to say, and you help me know i can do this. i am grateful for you spencer, for your having served a mission, and for your friendship. youre the best. and parker, well youre just the bomb. im grateful that in every email, you tell me how much of an example i am to you, bro youre an example to ME. you help me keep going, and you give me motivation to keep working, i love you so much. and my dear mama, youre my home girl and i worship you. thank you for all you do for me, YOU ALL JUST MEAN SO MUCH TO ME OKAY?!:))

on friday night we had one of our members come out with us, and we were on bikes. so we had about 4 solid appointments and some awesome back ups. so one by one, then all fell through. we were riding our bikes back and forth all over town. in the pouring rain. one might get discouraged and hate their life, but it was the best. we both knew we were doing all we could, and trying our hardest. i know GOd sees all our efforts:) we were singing christmas carols in the rain:)

so can i close with my blonde moment one thatll go in the books? k LISTOS?!
our phone has been freaking out for like 2 weeks now, with the clock changing times and what not. so sunday morning, the alarm went off at 6:30 so i got up and showerd, and then so did hermana. afterwards, i was gonna go study early cause i was like YEAAHHH KILLER im gonna study the book of mormon so hard right now. so, yeah i was studying. and i was like this is so weird, my ipad and my watch both say 1:30, weird i better change it back to 7:30. so i did and kept studying. and i looked outside, and it was so dark! "it must be a sign for the second coming!" i thought.
then its almost 8, and hermana orellana says, hermana why do all the clocks say its almost 2 am? and i said, i dont know hermana all the clocks stopped! its so weird! also look i think Jesus is coming because its so dark outside! 
....
so. we went back to sleep until it was really 6:30 and...well yeah that was my night.
it was the the kinda thing that happens that you think youre gonna laugh about it later...
ehh i laughed right then. haha it was 1 am okay?! i get weird at night...

ps i bought a roll of cookie dough this week so that just makes everything better. S/O to spencer for christmas last year;)

No comments:

Post a Comment